Welcome to Parking & Transportation
Valdosta State University campus provides ample parking spaces to accommodate the campus community. Should you have questions about where to park to attend classes or campus events, please contact Parking & Transportation. We will be happy to assist you! When parking your vehicle to attend classes, we ask that you be responsible and respectful of private and city property.
- Attention students, for Blazer Safe Ride Services please click on http://BlazerSafeRide.com .
- New web site to track shuttle buses:www.wherestheblaze.com* Be sure to download the DoubleMap application from the App Store to track VSU Shuttle Buses! Wi-Fi also available on all shuttle buses!
- Shuttle Guide
- Blazer Safe Ride
Resident Students, No Parking Overnight in the Oak Street Parking Deck. Overnight parking is permitted in the Sustella Parking Deck, Sustella Surface Lot, Centennial Lot, and Oak Street Surface Lot (sections D & E unmarked student spaces only) Section D begins directly behind the Oak Street Parking Deck. Overnight parking is NOT permitted in the Staff or Reserved spaces in section D.
Attention VSU Community (HSBA Parking at North Campus): VSU students with a valid parking permit are permitted to park at the Billy Grant baseball field lot, unmarked student spaces behind Pound Hall, Ashley Cinema Movie Theater parking lot, and the 5th (top level only) and adjacent ramp of the SGMC parking deck. Please use the SGMC deck entrance on Cowart Street to access the deck.
- Parking Permit Placement - The static cling parking permit must be affixed to the vehicle front windshield face-up, lower driver side, inside of the vehicle.
- Citation Payment, Appeal, Permit Purchases - Once you enter into the web portal please enter in your MyVSU login and then your password (Students and Employees - DO NOT create a guest account).
- Student parking permits are $50.00 (fall) $25.00 (spring) and $15.00 (summer).
- Faculty/Administration parking permits - $85.00 (when purchased in the fall), $65 (when purchased in the spring) and $55.00 (when purchased in the summer).
- Staff parking permits - $45.00 (when purchased in the fall), $35.00 (when purchased in the spring) and $25.00 (when purchased in the summer).
- Semester parking permits must be purchased inside of the Parking & Transportation office with cash, check, money order or flex. Prices are as follows: Faculty/Administration -$50.00, Staff - $25.00, Student - $30.00 (fall) & $20.00 (spring).
- Payment methods: We accept cash, check (no starter checks) and money orders inside of the main office. Credit card payments ( Master Card, Discover or Visa) must be made via the web portal only. Coined monies must be rolled by customer (with full name and ID number listed on each roll); rollers can be provided by the department. Flex payments must be made in the office (have to physically swipe your card).
- University Bursary also accepts parking citation payments - cash, check or money orders inside of the Bursary.
- On Line Payments will be processed Monday-Thursday 8:00am-5:30pm and Friday 8:00am-3:00pm. Payroll deduction for parking permits are available for Full-Time employees only (accepted during the fall and spring semesters only). We will inter-campus your permit to you once we process your application. Payroll Deduction is not available for parking citations, permits only. Please note that employees must have a ZERO balance before they can obtain a new parking permit. All part-time VSU employees MUST go by Human Resources first to obtain an authorization form before a permit can be issued. Students purchasing parking permits on line can select for the permit to be mailed to a physical address or for the permit to be held inside of the parking office for pick-up. Permits are mailed through the campus mailing services department. Temporary parking permits can be obtained in the parking office during the mailing process of the static cling permit if needed to avoid receiving parking citations for no permit or expired permit.
- Banner holds are generated each day for all outstanding parking citations. Failure to pay citations in full will result in the blocking of transcripts and registration processes.
Interested in finding out what the parking situation at VSU is? This Parking Study shows some interesting parking statistics for Valdosta State University.