Introducing the New MyVSU!
Experience a new and engaging MyVSU portal designed with YOU in mind.
Welcome BLAZERS! Learn how to set-up and access your VSU accounts.
Be Connected. Be Engaged.
Connect your devices to VSU's fast and expansive wireless network.
VSU Division of Information Technology
Business Intelligence, Instructional Technology, Information Systems, Security, Networking, and Client Support
Technology Services & Resources
IT Services Scheduled Maintenances & Notices
BANNER SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE
Banner and all related services (Banner Web, Banner Admin, online payment systems, etc.) will be unavailable:
- Friday, January 11, 10 pm-Midnight.
1.10.19 | 8:42 am: The MyVSU portal services have been restored to full functionality.
The MyVSU portal is currently down. VSU IT is working to resolve the matter as quickly as possible. We will keep you posted.
MYVSU SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE:
The MyVSU online portal and related services will be unavailable during the following maintenance window:
- Wednesday, January 9, 1 am – 5 am
All Students & Employees
- Kramer & Extron Guide: Active Classroom guides and resources
Printing: Card-swipe printers
- North Campus Technical Response Unit: Tech support and resources
- Event Management System: Event reservation system
File Sharing and Storage: Documents folder, Network drive (V:) OneDrive, Filelocker
MyDocs to OneDrive Migration: V:\mydocs decommission
OneDrive: Microsoft cloud storage
Guides and Resources: How-to-guides and video tutorials
Information Security: CyberSecurity, Remote desktop
Microsoft Office 365: Email, OneDrive, MS web apps, and free Office Suite
Resident Students Only Move-in Survey: Tell us about your move-in experience using VSU technologies
V-State Mobile App: Download the official app for Valdosta State University
- Blazer Guardian App: Public safety app available for Android and Apple devices
VSU WiFi: Connect to the campus wireless network or shuttle bus wireless network
Employees Only & Student Organizations
2FA (Employees Only): Two-factor authentication process for MyVSU and OneUSG login
Cascade Web: University web editing tool for departmental web pages
- Procurement Support: University technology purchases guides, Licenses, Forms
- Remote Desktop: Control your office computer from home
- Success Portal: Interactive dashboards, student profiles and messaging tools for student advisement and notifications
Telecommunications: Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone services and Jabber Instant Messenger
EMPLOYEES ONLY & STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- Organizational Print Accounts: Used primarily for official student organizations to share a pool of print credits. This form can also be used for grants.
Smart Classrooms: Tutorial on using instructor classroom workstation equipment
WordPress: A supplemental web-designing tool used to create websites and blogs
VSU Solutions Center
Contact VSU Solutions Center
Walk-in: Odum Library, 2nd Floor
Phone: 229-245-HELP (4357)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org: The email must originate from your @valdosta.edu account
Submit a Service Request: Create and track requests for technology assistance
Normal Hours of Operation
- Monday-Thursday: 8 am to 9 pm
- Friday: 8 am to 5 pm
- Saturday: 8 am to 1 pm
- Sunday: 8 am to 2 pm
Announcements & Media
Valdosta State implemented the Visual Schedule Builder (VSB)
- VSB helps you to create a schedule based on the courses and times that work best for you. This real-time class scheduling tool arranges your selected courses into conflict-free timetables and displays them in an easy-to-read weekly schedule.
- For more information and guidance, visit the Office of the Registrar's site
The new Ellucian Banner 9 Admin Pages will be deployed on October 22, 2018.
Replacing the current Banner 8 Forms (INB) version, Banner 9 Admin Pages will deliver noticeable improvements:
- a modern user interface
- enhanced navigation and process management tools
- new functionality across the student, HR and finance utilities, and
- the ability to run from a variety of web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge) and mobile devices (tablets and phones)
- The 2018 Division of Information Annual Report is now published. The report highlights several impactful projects completed during the 2017-2018 fiscal year, upcoming projects, and the staff within IT that help make the VState experience possible.
- VSU WiFi Upgrade: The Division of Information Technology is proud to announce that, while supporting over 3.2 million square feet of coverage, we have increased the bandwidth for the campus residential network by 150% (from 2 gigabits per second to 5). This increase will provide faster and more reliable connectivity for academic and residential needs while also adding support for high-definition (HD) media streaming and increased simultaneous connections.
Quinncy Thomas, Technical Response Unit coordinator, recently completed the distinguished Leadership Lowndes year-long program for 2017.
Leadership Lowndes inspires individual leadership growth by providing learning experiences that lead to a better understanding of our community, while also preparing individuals to meet present and future community challenges. Classes are limited to 30 people and all applicants must go through a competitive selections process. Each class represents a true cross-section of the Valdosta/Lowndes County community. These emerging leaders are active in business, education, the arts, religion, government, community-based organizations, ethnic and minority groups and reflect the diversity of the community.
Congrats, Quinncy! We are proud of you and thank you for setting such an example.
- Benjamin Li, Solutions Center manager, earned the distinctive 2017 Presidential Excellence Award for Service: Classified Staff. The award is designed to recognize staff members who exhibit high standards of service and exemplary and innovative job performance. Ben is certainly well deserving of this honor for the many efforts he has initiated or assisted with that has helped make IT an award-winning division.
- VSU Solutions Center: Brian Haugabrook, Chief Information Officer
Thinking outside of the 'IT box' brought about the inception of Valdosta State University Solutions Center.
- Ryan Hogan, Director of Admissions
Talks about how the Solutions Center has impacted perspective and current students.
The VSYou experience: Sterlin Sanders, Director of Technical Support Services
From a student to a leader who encourages staff and student techs to EAT!
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Employees Only
Helping to ensure your digital security
IT Job Postings
Check here for current IT employment opportunities!
Students apply at Blazer Briefcase Portal (Create an account if you haven’t already.)
Close Date: 01/11/2019
These positions provide support to Faculty, Staff, and students in offices, classrooms, and labs. These positions are stationed in Pine Hall. These positions are assigned to sub-departments within TSS including Desktop Support, Classroom Support, and Inventory/Asset Management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting faculty, staff, and students with campus technology both on-site and over the phone, maintaining VSU-owned IT equipment, troubleshooting and repairing campus technology, and maintaining and distributing campus technology to faculty, staff, and students.
Connect with #VStateIT
Twitter | Facebook | VSU IT Blog
Has an IT staff provided exceptional service to you? Submit an I Caught You Caring Card!
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am - 9 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 8 am - 1 pm
Sunday: 8am - 2 pm